Hello. We are the Rockskippers, a London and New York based collective of creatives and adventurers!
Welcome to our new travel blog. Sit down, browse our blog and make yourself feel at home. To kick things off, we’ve put together a little listicle of some of our favourite Instagram accounts that inspire us to pack our bags and start exploring.
Warning: The following images may cause extreme cases of wanderlust.
Bianca’s top picks
1. @saltywings: The summery Salty Wings aerial project provides a steady flow of striking views over Western Australia coastline. Seascapes and sand dunes are depicted in swirling shapes and razor-sharp lines.
Take flight with @saltywings
2. @driftmag: This print magazine about coffee travels around the world, one city at a time, with its latest issue set in Stockholm. It serves up artistically arranged coffee shots as well as a bit of scenery and culture. I don’t even like coffee that much but I love this.
Get your caffeine fix here @driftmag
For any coffee and design lovers out there, @coffeecupsoftheworld also deserves a special mention.
3. @modernoutdoors: This account is guaranteed to make you pull on your hiking boots and go camp out on a cliff under the stars. Or it might just make you stare out of your window at least, dreaming of the great outdoors.
Get back to nature with @modernoutdoors
4. @omarzrobles: New York based photographer Omar Z. Robles captures ballet dancers in action with the crumbling streets of classic Cuba providing a stunning backdrop to each photo.
Point your toes and pirouette for @omarzrobles
5. @facehunter: This Instagram staple is the perfect balance between fashion and travel. It follows Yvan Rodic as he jetsets his way through different countries, capturing landscapes, events and stylish individuals through his camera lens.
Face to face with @facehunter
Alice’s Top Picks
6. @the_topless_tour: What started as a reaction to Instagram’s no-female-nipple policy during the #FreeTheNipple debate has evolved into a place for women to exercise their freedom in beautiful spots across the globe.
Express yourself @the_topless_tour
7. @mihaelanoroc: Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Mihaela Noroc travels the world showing us the different types of female beauty found in a variety of cultures and communities. It’s women only though – sorry boys, you’re not good-looking enough for The Atlas of Beauty.
Have a be-you-tiful day @mihaelanoroc
8. @girleatworld: This Singapore-based Instagrammer pictures delicious (and often very pretty) foods in front of iconic travel views. What’s not to love?
Eat your way around the world with @girleatworld
9. @gmateus: Follow the footsteps of Gabriela Mateus with her classic travel photo log and clean aesthetic, from Marrakesh to Venice and over to Ipanema. She has a bit of a talent for doorway shots too.
Explore more with @gmateus
You know who also has a talent for travel photography? The company Alice works at, @dealchecker (shameless self-promotion alert!)
Genna’s Top Picks
10. @SaintHeron: Saint Heron is more than just a compilation album released by Solange Knowles’ very own label, Saint Records. It’s also a collection of portraits and artwork celebrating music and culture from around the world.
Lend us your ears (and your eyes) @SaintHeron
11. @interviewmag: Founded by Andy Warhol in 1969 (he founded the magazine, not the Instagram account obviously), Interview focusses on global pop culture trends of the future in terms of fashion, music and art.
Get your pop of culture here @interviewmag
12. @busyhappyhealthy: Your body is your temple. And you can worship it with Amina AlTai’s deliciously nutritious culinary treats. Her colourful recipes will inspire you to take your taste buds on an adventure.
Explore your kitchen with @busyhappyhealthy
13. @nationalgeographic: The ultimate in breath-taking travel photography, National Geographic always add some interesting facts to go alongside their stunning photos. It’s the full package, beauty and brains.
Adventure time with @nationalgeographic
14. @rockskippers: We might be a little biased, but we love our Rockskippers feed. Follow us on Instagram for summer vibes, secret travel spots and a fair few sunsets.
Rock around the world with @rockskippers